Author: Amanda Coe, Graphic Designer
We aren’t unlike you; we have had to change our life abruptly in the most surreal fashion. As a company we are trying to keep moving at a normal pace while working from home in make-shift offices, children running around, dogs barking during video conference calls, with the surprising epiphany that a slower-pace in life can be a good thing. Trying to keep “normalcy” can be rather difficult but we have embraced this change and are flowing with this unpredictable tide. Here are a few things we are doing to stay a-float and keep our spirits high:
- Created fitness accountability group with friends.
- Purple hair dye has helped to brighten up my day especially when I’m missing freshly painted nails.
- Cleaning out the unnecessary clutter.
- Learning to paint with watercolors, a relaxing and challenging outlet.
- Gaining a sense of humor for mundane tasks like; Playing “The Final Countdown” while trying to unload and reload the dishwasher before the song ends.
Finding much comfort in connecting with family and friends on a more regular basis.
- Date nights consist of walking around the neighborhood drinking beer and talking to neighbors in the driveway.
- My daughter has started working out with me every day.
- A new practice of meditating every morning.
- Converted my kitchen to a yoga studio.
- Raising baby chickens.
- Not feeling the need to get up early in the morning, exercising more and eating more carbs.
- Upping the at-home bread baking game.
- Learning new things: Commercial gasoline only has a life span of three months before it oxidizes enough to cause damage, also learned to siphon gas out of a car.
- Getting lots of sleep, soooo much sleep, “never had this much sleep in my adult life, as I’ve always had no time”.
- Helping my church to be able to live-stream.
- Not having a commute has given me more time with my family.
- Giving my dog half hour walks each day has given my 6 year old dog more pep.
- Working on my 3pt shot on my driveway hoop.
- Perfecting my traditional tacos with rice and beans from scratch recipe.